martedì 15 marzo 2011

In praise of translators

Nina Sankovitch is a blogger and author, known for her project  365 Books - Reading and reviewing one book a day for one year ("From October 28, 2008 to October 28, 2009, I read one book a day and wrote about each book I read here on my site. I wrote about what I felt while reading the book, what I responded to, and what I gained. I also offered some assessment of the book but my reviews are not typical reviews."), has written a beautiful post, Found in Translation: Honoring Translations - and Translators, where she thanks translators "for clearing the way for me to explore new places populated by foreigners speaking in unknown tongues;  by making their language clear and their places known, you’ve allowed me the pleasures of escape and discovery, but even more, you’ve given me a greater understanding of our common and shared humanity. With borders broken down and empathy ignited, the potential for global unity grows. Translators work to make anything possible. I thank you for all the possibilities."
You can read the entire post here.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento